Monday, September 17, 2007

2007 Daytime Emmy Award Winners

The 2007 Daytime Emmy Award Winners

I must confess, I am a soapaholic. I started out watching All My Children when I was younger because my mother watched it. From there, I quickly became addicted to other soaps as well - Guiding Light, The Young and the Restless, General Hospital, and One Life to Live. Many of my favorites are nominated from these shows.

My favorite show by far is Guiding Light. They are the winners in my book. They are celebrating 70 years in daytime, and got its start on radio in 1937!! Guiding Light had a whopping 17 nominations. Nominees from Guiding Light include CRYSTAL CHAPPELL (Olivia) and KIM ZIMMER (Reva) for Outstanding Lead Actress. (I predict Kim Zimmer as the WINNER for her incredible work in the cancer storyline). RICKY PAULL GOLDIN (Gus) for Outstanding Lead Actor (another predicted WINNER). GINA TOGNONI (Dinah) for Oustanding Supporting Actress (she won last year so it would be great for another win for her this year as well). TOM PELPHREY (Jonathan) for Outstanding Younger Actor (major shoo in for the second year in a row), and STEPHANIE GATSCHET (Tammy) for Outstanding Younger Actress (she’s up against some stiff competition). Guiding Light was also nominated for Outstanding Drama Series (which of course I hope they’ll win).

Check out everything you need to know about the Daytime Emmys and the nominees over at come-in-china.com. The show airs Friday night on CBS. You can bet I’ll be watching!!


Photos below of the Guiding Light nominees:

**UPDATE June 15***

Here are photos of some of the arrivals for the 2007 Daytime Emmy Awards Ceremony:

kim zimmer.615gina tognoni.615ellen portia.615bobbi eakes.615tyra banks.615

l. to r. - Kim Zimmer (Reva, Guiding Light), Gina Tognoni (Dinah, Guiding Light), Ellen Degeneres and Portia De Rossi, Bobbi Eakes (Crystal, All My Children), Tyra Banks


WINNERS:

genie francis.615

Genie Francis (Laura, General Hospital) accepts the award for Outstanding Supporting Actress.

rick hearst.615

Rick Hearst (Rick, General Hospital) wins Outstanding Supporting Actor.

Jennifer Landon.615

Jennifer Landon (Gwen, As The World Turns) wins the Younger Actress Award.

bryton mcclure.615

Bryton McClure (Devon, Young and the Restless) wins the Younger Actor Award.

ellen.615ellen.615a

Ellen Degeneres wins for Outstanding Talk Show Host and Outstanding Talk Show.

maura west.615

Maura West (Carly, As The World Turns) wins the Outstanding Lead Actress Award.

christian leblanc.615

Christian LeBlanc (Michael, The Young and the Restless) wins the Outstanding Lead Actor Award.

guiding light

young and the restless.615

Guiding Light and The Young and the Restless tie for Outstanding Drama Series.